Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thankless job...

So last night after dinner, Ella and I went outside to play for a little while. We came in, watched American Idol, shared popsicles. I gave her a bath, dried her off, cleaned her ears, brushed her teeth, put lotion on, helped put her jammies on, put medicine on her "itchies", gave extra kisses to her boo-boo, all the while singing silly songs and making funny faces. I read her a bedtime story, made sure she had a drink before bed, went downstairs to get her blankets and pillow, went downstairs a second time to get her care bear, helped tuck all her dolls and animals in for the night, gave each of them kisses, and took her to our room to say good-night to Daddy. Ella climbs up on our bed and Daddy, who is already half-asleep, rolls over and hugs Ella good-night. Ella says, "Aww, I love Daddy. He takes care of me." :)

Sorry, Mom, for all the times I took you for granted and overlooked the small things you did to take care of us. Mothering is often times a thankless job... but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

3 comments:

The Utley Crew said...

Exactly! Once you have kids of your own, it's amazing how much more you can relate to your own Mom, and how much more you appreciate her (both of your parents:). It's the most wonderful, selfless job.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

i second that andrea!

The Utz Family said...

I third that!! Jeremy gets alot of credit also!