Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cool critters

The "Critter Guy" visited Ella's preschool this morning. Cade and I were able to attend, too. It was a pretty neat experience. I was so impressed with my kiddos. A lot of the kids were too scared or nervous to interact with these critters, but neither Ella nor Cade were the least bit shy. I'm pretty sure they didn't get that adventurous spirit from me!
Checking out a blue-tongued skink...
After it had passed by her, she ran over to where Cade and I were sitting and whispered, "Mom, do you think I could hold the little guy?" I told her to ask, so when he came to us, she giggled and asked him. He was more than happy to let her and she was just tickled to pieces.
All the kids loved the Burmese python.
Then the critter guy pulled out this giant tortoise and asked if anyone wanted to come sit on it. Who was the first kid in class to raise her hand? Yep, this girl!
We also got to play with a ferret and pet a baby alligator. Ella couldn't stop talking about how "cool" and "fun" and "cute" all these animals were. Maybe we have a future "Critter Girl" on our hands?

No comments: