Friday, February 24, 2012

Marriage on the brain

Ella: Hey, Mom, you know what A.J. said to me at school? He wants to hold my hand! Can you believe that? I told him I'm not ready to get married!

Ella: Wow, Cade! You're wearing big boys undies? You're really growing up! Next thing you know, you're going to find a girl to kiss and get married!
(because that is just the natural progression of things, right? =)

Ella: Mom, we were talking at school today. You were like 14 or 15 when you had me, right? So how old were you when you got married?
(Oh, to be a fly on the wall for that conversation!)

Cade (talking about two people laughing on tv): Are they married?
Me: I don't know. Why, do you think they're married?
Cade: Yeah, they're laughing.
Me: Is that what you think it means to be married?
Cade: Yeah, married means to be happy. =)

No comments: