Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ella's "baby"

Ella has been cracking me up these last few days. It seems she thinks that because I have a baby in my tummy, everyone else does, too- including her and Daddy! Anytime Chris and I are talking about my stomach (and how all of a sudden, it is growing by leaps and bounds!), Ella will pull up her shirt and say, "Look at Ella's tummy and the baby sister in there! It's getting SO big!"

She has also heard me say, "Be careful of Mommy's tummy- we don't want to hurt the baby" whenever we're rough housing and I take an elbow or kick to the midsection. So today we were playing with a bouncy ball and the ball bounced up and hit her in the stomach. She spun around and frowned at me and said, "Mommy, be careful of my tummy!! You're going to hurt the baby sister!!" haha!

By the way, we don't know that it's a baby sister- Ella switches every week between that or baby "budder". :)

No comments: