Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day

Happy late Father's Day to all of you great dads out there!! What would we do without all these wonderful men in our lives?!! I'm pretty sure Chris had a terrific Father's Day weekend. He and the kids headed to southern Indiana to be with family and celebrate Grandpa Martin's 80th birthday on Saturday. What a special time for his family. Grandpa Martin is such an extraordinary, respectable man and has such a tender heart for his grandkids and great-grandkids. We just think the world of him! I know that being able to be there and share in the celebration with his grandpa was very important to Chris and something he will always hold near and dear to his heart.

On Sunday, they were able to celebrate Father's Day with Papaw, Mamaw, Kyle, Kellie, and Payton over blueberry pancakes (so jealous!) and a wild game of baseball with the kids. Then they headed to Grammy and Pappaw's to play a bit and share a late lunch with Mom, Dad, Jason, Jared, Chad and April, and all the kiddos. It all sounds like such fun! We are so blessed and love our dads soooo much!! I'm glad they got to celebrate with everyone.

I have to admit this, too. I charged the camera and put it with Chris' things before he left. When I came home Monday morning, I picked up the camera and was so excited to see pictures of the weekend. Guess what? Not one picture. Not one!! He said it was just so busy that he didn't think to take pictures.
What?!!
Who doesn't think to take a picture?!
Anyways... I guess I'll let it slide this time. I know I have more of an obsession with photos than most people. And also in his defense, working Saturday morning, then packing up, driving almost three hours, and singlehandedly caring for both kids is quite a task. I'm proud of him for making the effort to be there. He is such a great example for Ella and Cade in many ways, one of them being the fact that he always puts forth so much effort to be there for family. I love that about him. So what I have to leave you with is a few pictures I took last Thursday night when we had our own Father's Day celebration. I know at this point in their lives, Ella and Cade have no idea just how lucky they are to have such a wonderful daddy, so I try to make it my job to remind them all the time. =) I hope one day they will come to realize what a true blessing he is, and also come to learn the simple truth that nothing is more important than being there and being together.



No comments: