Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A funny little thing...

that my family will get a kick out of. My family always teases my dad because he makes pretty much a daily trip to Allen's Food Mart, a mom-and-pop food store in Palmyra. He's constantly going for milk, ice, hamburger, or a newspaper, or whatever else Mom decides she needs at the last minute. Sometimes when all of us kids are home on Saturday, he may make 2-3 trips to Allen's before noon!! Needless to say, it is an ongoing joke, "Hey, Dad, how many times have you been to Allen's today?" It's just funny to us that he cannot ever get all these things in one trip.

Anyways, the point of the story... we "big kids" are not the only ones noticing. This afternoon, Ella and I were talking. She asked me, "Mommy, where's Daddy?" I said, "He's at work."
She asked, "Where's Grammy?"
"She's at her house," I said.
"Where's Pappaw?" she asked.
"Pappaw's probably at work, " I answered.
She thought for a minute and said, "No, Pappaw's probably at Allen's." hahahaha!!!!!

No comments: