Monday, October 19, 2009

Meeting Laila

We had the best weekend! We got to see, dine, and hang out with both sides of the family (except Carla- we missed you!) in a matter of about 36 hours, then we jumped in the truck and rushed back to Cincy so Chris could be at work first thing this morning. It was a whirlwind of a trip, but we loved it! We traveled to Evansville on Saturday to meet little Laila Faith. She's tiny and beautiful and we love her so much already!
The happy family...
Seeing how little she is made me realize how big Cade already is! I can't believe the difference six short months makes. Isn't she so pretty? She's such a perfect mix of Chad and April.
Holding her for the first time. Ella was so cute and just thrilled. She had talked of little else for two days- "I can't wait to show Baby Laila my...", "Baby Laila is just going to love to see my...", "When Baby Laila gets older, I'm going to teach her to..."
Proud Uncle (and I have to say Hail to Old Purdue! It was a very good day for Chris!)
Ella and her buddy, Carson...
Grammy and her sweet new grandbaby...
Carson trying to figure out what all the fuss over Cade is about. :) He's heard so much about how he and Cade are going to be such big pals, but he's just not seeing it yet! Haha
Cade and his big cousin, Lex...
The grandkids (minus Laila) with Pappaw. This is definitely one of my all-time fave pics!!
All five of our little Lawyer sweeties. Our family has been so blessed!

No comments: