Monday, October 31, 2011

Bye, bye training wheels!

Ella hit a milestone yesterday- she learned to ride her bike without training wheels! Wow! Kind of puts it right there in our face how big she is getting! Chris and I were cleaning out the garage, and out of the blue, Ella asked if we could take her training wheels off. Uh, yeah!! Chris and I were probably more excited than she was. We had asked her a few times over the summer if she wanted to, and she always said, "No, not yet." I guess she just felt ready yesterday. Chris grabbed his tools and had those wheels off in no time. I think he was afraid she would change her mind! Getting the feel for it... She took a few practice runs on the sidewalk... And then she was off! Way to go, Ella! She rode all afternoon, and by evening, she was taking off, turning around, and even riding in the grass like a champ. She picked it up so quickly! We knew she would, but I think she surprised herself. She was so proud of her hard work, and I love that she learned that lesson in such a fun way. I don't think she stopped smiling all night. =)
Here's a video of our big girl riding almost the whole block. So proud of her!!

No comments: