Thursday, December 1, 2011

Our Thanksgiving 2011

I know I'm a little behind on blogging these days, but I'm doing my best to play catch up! Our Thanksgiving day was fun and busy. We were so happy to have the whole day to spend together- full days together are precious and rare lately. We had a big breakfast, watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, went bike riding. Then we got cleaned up and drove to Kentucky for Thanksgiving with the Freemans. It was a fantastic holiday, filled with family, laughter, and good food. We have been so blessed and have so much to be thankful for this year!
As soon as Ella and Cade came down the stairs, they ran straight for their daddy's arms! They are not used to seeing him in the mornings and were so excited! These two were so engrossed in the Macy's parade, I had to to take a picture. I was just plain happy as we drove to my mamaw's. We went there every year for Thanksgiving as I was growing up, and I was grateful for the opportunity to let my kids share in that tradition. Mamaw was happy to meet Harper and couldn't wait to get her hands on her. Brothers Pap and Harper
Amber was more than happy to keep an eye on lil' Ty. And what is Thanksgiving dinner without some scary faces? Laila wanted in on the action, too! Ella had so much fun playing with cousins she doesn't get to see very often. After dinner, Mamaw started making the baby rounds again, wanting to get her hands on another baby. Here she is trying to talk Aunt Phyllis into giving up Harper... And it worked! This lady is so crazy for babies- she raised twelve of her own and LOVES having a baby on her lap.I took this picture of Harper because of her hands- she keeps them clasped like this all the time. I think it's so sweet!Jonray was kind enough to let Cade play his guitar. Cade has been asking {begging} for his own guitar for Christmas, so he was in heaven getting to play with the big guys. A quick pic of Cade and his special lady friend.
Happy mommy alert!! I am truly blessed beyond measure!

No comments: