Wednesday, January 5, 2011

'Twas the night before Christmas...

Christmas Eve!! First we had a special Christmas dinner, "with sparking cider and candles and everything, Daddy!" I love my three sweeties! Then the kiddos changed into their Christmas jammies and cuddled up with Daddy to read How the Grinch Stole Christmas...
And listened intently while Mommy read the Christmas story...
Ella was in such a hurry to get to bed. We had planned to watch Rudolph or another Christmas show, but Ella would have none of it. She kept saying, "But, Mom, if I'm awake when Santa comes, he won't leave me any presents!" haha! We remembered at the last minute we hadn't put any cookies out for Santa! Ella was already in bed, and when I asked if she wanted to come help me put some cookies out, she said, "I don't know, Mommy, do you think we have time?" I managed to convince her that we did, so she was willing to come down to help me. Then she started to worry that maybe Santa didn't like oatmeal no-bakes. haha! It was all I could do to keep a straight face. Daddy assured her that Santa loves oatmeal no-bakes. =) We remembered to leave some cheese for Santa Mouse, too.
And even though this little girl was in bed in record time, it was another two hours before she she settled down and went to sleep so Santa could come!

No comments: