Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cade's first haircut

Cade's hair has been a little wild for a while now. Illustration...
I kind of loved it though. I mean, he's a baby! He should be able to have crazy baby hair and get away with it. His daddy, on the other hand, just couldn't stand it. He kept saying it was too out of control and he had a mullet (which he absolutely did not). Anyways, yesterday, while Big Sis was at preschool, I decided to put a stop to the criticism and took Cade to get his first real haircut. Seeing him in the chair kind of made me more emotional than dropping Ella off at school! He is getting sooo big!
He was looking at the hairdresser like, "Hey, what do you think you're doing, Lady?!"
He actually sat so still. I was really impressed! Granted, it didn't take more than 7-8 minutes to cut his hair, plus he got to drive a race car and watch Barney the whole time, but still I was impressed.
Ta-Da!! The finished product. It's still pretty long on top, but all tapered up in the back. He looks like a regular little boy now instead of a baby. Sigh... It is pretty cute though. =)
For the rest of the day, every time I would ask him, "Cade, where's your hair? Where'd it go?", he would touch his hair, then put his arms out to the side and say, "Where go?" Too cute.
Ella appreciated it, too. When she got in the car and saw his hair, she said, "Wow, Bubby, that looks so great. I mean, that's a really, really great haircut." haha! She's a mess. And yes, in case you're wondering, his daddy was pretty happy about it, too. =)

No comments: