I love this one! It just captures her excitement perfectly. I will always, always remember this morning and the happy twinkle in her eyes!
She was so proud to hang her backpack underneath Ella D. (there is an Ella P. in her class, too).
She ran and washed her hands, found her name tag in no time, and then, kind of quietly, she asked, "Is this when you have to leave, Mommy?" I told her it was and asked her if she was going to be okay. She gave me a nervous, little grin, nodded, and said, "Yeah, I'm going to have fun. Come back and pick me up in a little while, okay?" =) Precious, little girl.
Her first day was a big success. She loved it and is looking forward to going back. This is what she told me, in her own words, about her first day.
* We played on the playground and I rode the tire swing. I kicked the purple ball so hard that it went over the fence and now it's stuck on the bench! I don't even know how they're going to get it back.
* We had these little crackers for a snack. I think they had cheese on them. And I drank some water from a little cup.
* There was one, little boy who got in trouble, because he wasn't listening. The teacher looked and him and said 'Sit down!'
* I worked on my gingerbread man, but I didn't get to finish him. Then there was a big barrel of jellybeans and we each got to take a scoop and we could only take eight.
* The teacher told me that these were butterfly legs (sitting cross-legged) and I thought that was so cute. Little butterfly legs.