Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Last week

Ella and Cade were able to spend a few days with Grammy and Pappaw last week and they had a blast! They spent most of their time outside, enjoying the sunshine and fresh air. They picked apples everyday and fed them to Duke, the neighbor's horse. They went on picnics. They drove Pap's new "blue Ford tractor" everyday and Ella decided she wants to be a "tractor driver" when she grows up. =) They hung out with Lexi and Carson and got to go swimming at Jason and Carla's four days in a row! Lucky kids! They had so much fun and we are so appreciative of Gram and Pap having them for a "last hurrah" before Ella starts school. It's always hard being away from them, but we know they're well taken care of and know they need a break from us sometimes, too!
Having a little free time allowed Chris and I to rest (!), as well as do a few things around the house that we've been meaning to do for a long time. One of those things being Harper's room. I had actually bought the paint for her room the day I went into labor, and, well, it's just been a bit busy around here and we've not been able to tackle it until now. It was a little bittersweet painting over Cade's little boy room, but mostly, I'm just happy to finally have it completed. It started like this... And now looks like this! It's so fun and bright. I just love it! Plus, I love knowing that all we bought was a couple gallons of paint and the wall decals- everything else is repurposed from Ella's old pink and green room. Ella's proud to see those things in her baby sister's room and there's something very sweet about that. I think Harper will enjoy growing up here!

2 comments:

Rodney, Meghan, and Paisley said...

Harper's room is ADORABLE! Love the decals! So, so cute. I'm sure she will love growing up there!

JourneyWithTheCrosiers said...

The above is from me...signed into my other gmail account. I hate it when I do that!