Monday, August 29, 2011

Set for Kindergarten

Ella has spent the last couple of days getting everything ready for school tomorrow (!). She had a few projects to complete prior to the first day. I know, right? Homework already and kindergarten hasn't even started! One of the things she had to do was use modeling clay to make something that represents her family. She decided to make an ice cream cone, because we all love ice cream and we love to take trips to The Cone. We thought that was pretty good thinking. =) She and Chris worked on it last night, then left it out to dry. Tonight we wrote a story about it, and then she colored it with rainbow colors. She also had to draw pictures of her hopes and dreams for kindergarten. She drew a rainbow (she hopes to learn about them), a book (she excited to learn to read), a person (she wants to make new friends), a playground (she wants to play and learn new games), and ears (she hopes she'll be a good listener =). To celebrate her last day of summer, Chris took the day off work and we had a fun family day, complete with pancakes for breakfast, Skyline for dinner, and a trip to the zoo in between (pics to come!). Of course, we've talked a lot about kindergarten and how things might be a little different around here. Ella has taken everything we've said very seriously, and she is completely cracking us up with her thoughts on how kindergarten is about to change her life:

To Mamaw- I don't know if I'll ever get to talk to you again. I mean, I won't be able to talk to you at night, only on Saturdays and Sundays, because I'll be going to school every other day.

To Chris- After Tuesday, you'll probably not get to see me very much. I'll be gone all the time. I have school every day except Saturdays and Sundays!

To Cade- Buddy, you're going to have to learn to do things for yourself. I can't do everything for you anymore. I'm going to be at school, and when I get home, I'll be so busy with work that I just won't have time!

Whoa, slow down, Little Lady! We're not ready for life to change quite so much just yet! =) She was all smiles and just so excited at bedtime tonight. She's ready. As for Chris and me, we'll be the ones with big ol' tears in our eyes in the morning, so say a little prayer and just be kind to us tomorrow, would ya?

1 comment:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I feel your pain! K is tough stuff for Mommy and Daddy!! Hang in there!

Hilarious about here thinking her life is going to change like that. Sam was the same way. He kept telling Jake the same things. He also thought he'd eat all of his meals there! ha!