Monday, June 27, 2011
We took Cade to see an ENT last week. He has fluid in both ears right now. They did several hearing tests and diagnosed him with mild hearing loss. Those two things alone qualify him for tubes. However, two pieces of good news is that 1) the hearing loss doesn't appear to be permanent and should go away once the fluid drains, and 2) right now the fluid looks thin, which could mean the new medication he's on could be working and clearing it out. The doc gave us the option of doing tubes right now or waiting and seeing if the fluid goes away on its own. We've decided to wait and see. We'll go back in August to have him rechecked. If the fluid's still there, we'll go ahead and do tubes then. We know tubes are not that big of a deal, but it is outpatient surgery and not something we want him to go through if it's not necessary. We're definitely hoping and praying that it won't be! Fingers crossed!